April is usually a busy month at the Minute Man Historical Park. Along with spring bulbs in bloom, we normally look forward to the Visitor Centers opening and a packed schedule of events. This year the park is following CDC and state guidelines in deciding the cancellation of our beloved Patriots’ Day programs. We regret to announce some cancellations and delayed openings:
- The Town of Concord and the park have cancelled the April 11th Merriam’s Corner Parade and Program, April 19th Dawn Salute, and April 20th Patriots’ Day Parade and Program.
- The Lincoln Minute Men and the park have cancelled the April 11th Paul Revere Capture Program.
- The park has cancelled the April 18th Parker’s Revenge Battle Demonstration.
- The North Bridge Visitor Center and the Minute Man Visitor Center will have delayed seasonal openings (tentatively April 6th, but subject to change so please check park’s website for up-to-date information).
- Park staff are working hard behind the scenes to bring a new Patriot’s Day program via Facebook Live and/or other streaming platforms. We’ll provide links and more information as it becomes available.
You are still welcome to enjoy the many miles of trails, the North Bridge and outdoor historic sites at the Minute Man National Historical Park! The grounds and trails are open sunrise to sunset. The park is a great place to have family walks and practice #socialdistancing outside. You can help the park staff by remembering our park is carry in/carry out for trash (leave no trace). Please help us keep the park and trails clean!
Fund for Patriots’ Day
Patriots’ Day commemorates the battles at Lexington and Concord that occurred on April 19, 1775. These battles marked the beginning of the American Revolution and Minute Man National Historical Park is dedicated to protecting and preserving the sites, battlefields, structures, and landscapes associated with April 19, 1775.
Patriots’ Day activities at the Park run for several weeks and are free to the public. Each year thousands of visitors come to enjoy the battle demonstrations, living history, guided walks, vigils, and educational events available at the Park. The Friends of the Minute Man National Park is committed to helping to defray the significant costs related to these activities.
Make a Donation Today!
Please help us with a donation to the Patriots’ Day Fund. Your donation will ensure that today’s and future generations will continue to enjoy Patriots’ Day at the Minute Man National Historical Park.
Make a secure donation through Paypal:
Or, send a check to:
Friends of Minute Man National Park
174 Liberty Street
Concord, MA 01742