What’s Going on at the Visitor Center?

Workers have been busy completing a $1.3 preservation project on the historic Buttrick Mansion. Built in 1911, the building was first home to Stedman Buttrick and his family and has served as the North Bridge Visitor Center for over 50 years. Stedman Buttrick is a descendant of Major John Buttrick, the colonial officer who led the advance at Concord’s North Bridge and gave the order to fire.

The preservation project at the North Bridge Visitor Center includes exterior work such as slate roof repair, copper gutter replacement, front door restoration, loggia and column repairs, as well as interior work including painting, plastering, window restoration, bathroom upgrades, and floor updates. Visitors will also enjoy modern amenities such as central air conditioning on the first floor, water bottle refilling stations, and baby-changing facilities.

The project is funded from the National Park Service Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act (FRLEA). These funds are collected through National Park entrance fees and then distributed to projects addressing the National Park Service deferred maintenance backlog.

To learn more about the preservation project, click here: https://www.nps.gov/…/preservation-to-north-bridge-visitor-… .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *